Enter content here
Enter content here
1/3 cup honey
4 large Granny Smith or Red Delicious apples, stems removed
4 small sprigs fresh mint, optional
An adult to help with slicing the apples
1. In a small bowl, mix peanut butter and honey together until well blended. Set aside.
2. Fill a large bowl with cold water and stir in lemon juice. Set aside.
3. For each apple, choose a type of Snackster below and follow the steps. You might want to ask an adult to help cut up the apples.
To Make a Snackster Stacker
1. Use an apple corer to remove the center of the apple, making a hollow space from stem end through the bottom.
2. With a sharp knife, cut apple crosswise into 4 thick slices.
3. Dip apple slices in lemon water and gently pat dry with paper towels.
4. Starting with the bottom piece, use a butter knife to spread the peanut butter mixture on the cut sides of each slice and gently press them together to reassemble the apple.
5. To make a stem, top apple with a mint sprig.
To Make a Snackster Dipper
1. With a sharp knife, cut each apple in half from stem end to bottom.
2. Cut each half into 4 to 6 wedges. With knife or melon ballet remove apple core from each wedge.
3. Dip wedges in lemon water and gently pat dry with paper towels.
4. Spoon the peanut butter mixture into a small bowl and surround with apple wedges for dipping.
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chocolate or multicolored sprinkles
Place a sheet of waxed paper on a cookie sheet so cookies won't stick. Combine powdered sugar, honey and peanut butter in a medium bowl. Stir until mixed well. Stir in cereal and raisins. Using hands, shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in sprinkles and place on a cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Cookies should feel firm when touched. Serve right away or place in tightly covered container and store in refrigerator.
3/4 cup dried fruit (apples, apricots, cherries, cranberries or pears), finely chopped
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 egg whites, lightly beaten
In a large bowl, mix together granola and dried fruit. In a small saucepan, heat honey, oil and vanilla over medium heat, stirring until honey is dissolved. Pour honey mixture over granola and mix until thoroughly coated. Pour egg whites over granola mixture; mix well. Pack mixture firmly into an 8-inch square nonstick baking pan. Bake at 325°F for 40 minutes or until deep golden brown. Place pan on a cooling rack; cool completely before cutting into squares, approximately 2-1/2-inches each.
1/2 cup honey, divided
1/2 cup chopped toasted nuts, optional
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 lb. frozen bread dough, thawed according to package directions
2/3 cup raisins
Grease 12 muffin cups with 1 Tablespoon butter.
To prepare honey nut topping, mix together 1 Tablespoon butter, 1/4 cup honey and chopped nuts. Place 1 teaspoon topping in each muffin cup.
To prepare filling, mix together remaining 2 Tablespoons butter, remaining 1/4 cup honey and cinnamon. Roll out bread dough onto floured surface into 18 x 8-inch rectangle. Spread filling evenly over dough. Sprinkle evenly with raisins. Starting with long side, roll dough into log. Cut log into 12 (1-1/2-inch) slices. Place 1 slice, cut-side up, into each prepared muffin cup. Set muffin pan in warm place; let dough rise for 30 minutes. Place muffin pan on foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 375°F. 20 minutes or until buns are golden brown. Remove from oven; cool in pan 5 minutes. Invert muffin pan to remove buns.
1 cup roasted peanuts
1/3 cup honey
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Sliced sandwich bread
An adult to help with peeling and chopping
To make Super Spread: place apple pieces, peanuts, honey, lemon juice and cinnamon in food processor fitted with chopping blade or blender. Pulse the food processor several times until ingredients start to blend, occasionally scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to help mix. Process for 1 to 2 minutes until mixture is smooth and spreadable.
To make a Sandwich Star: spread about 1 Tbsp. of the Super Spread on each of 2 slices of bread. Stack them together, spread side up. Top with a third piece of bread. Place star-shaped cookie cutter on top of the sandwich and press down firmly and evenly. Leaving the cookie cutter in place, remove the excess trimmings with your fingers or butter knife. Remove the cookie cutter. Make more Sandwich Stars as desired.